Porsche Technical Data - Photographs
Porsche Technical Data Photos and Stories.
BACK TO --- List of Porsche Models
- Porsche 911 GT3 2018 Catalogue - pdf
- Porsche Macan 2015 - pdf
- Porsche Macan S 2015 - pdf
- Porsche Macan Turbo 2015 - pdf
- Falkin Porsche GT3-RSR 2012 Spec Sheet- pdf
- Porsche GT3-RS-4.0 GB4 2012 - pdf
- Porsche GT3-RS-4.0 GB4 2012 Power Spec - pdf
- 911 GT3 RS 4.0 2012 Limited Edition Racing Car - pdf
- Porsche 918 Spyder plug-in hybrid drive 2012 - pdf
- Panamera S Hybrid 2011 - pdf
- Porsche 911 Black Edition 2011 - pdf
- Porsche Pre-Race Report, Daytona 24 Hours 2011- pdf
- Porsche 918 RSR 2011- pdf
- Porsche 911 GT3 Katalog 2010 -pdf
- Porsche 911 Katalog 2010 -pdf
- Porsche Cayenne Katalog 2010 -pdf
- Porsche Panamera Katalog 2010 -pdf
- Porsche Cayman Katalog 2010 -pdf
- Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2009 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2009 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 GT2 2009 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 GT3 2009 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 Turbo 2009 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche Boxster S 2009 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche Cayman S 2009 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 Carrera-4S 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 Carrera-S 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 GT2 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 GT3 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 Targa 4S 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 Turbo 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche Boxster 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche Cayenne S 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche Cayenne 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche Cayman S 2008 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911S 2005 Spec. - pdf
- Porsche Option Codes to 1979
- Porsche Option Codes; M Numbers
- Porsche Option Codes; X Y Z Codes
- Porsche Option Codes; Other Codes
- Porsche 924S(E) M756 1988 Specifications-pdf
- Porsche 911 Engine Spec. for 1965-1989
- Porsche 911 Engine Specifications-pdf
- Porsche RS Spyder 550-1500 "Carrera Panamericana" 1954 sn-550-04 Specifications-pdf
- Beutler Story -pdf
- Beutler Story -pdf
- Porsche Beutler 356A Cab.-pdf
- Porsche Beutler 356A 1958 -pdf
- Porsche Beutler 356A 1959 -pdf
- Porsche Beutler 356A 1960 -pdf
- Porsche Beutler 356A 1962 -pdf
- Porsche Beutler 356A 1962 -pdf
- Porsche Beutler Chasses No.'s -pdf
- Porsche 911 by Jürgen Lewandowski Courtesy of Pebble Beach 2013-pdf
- Sir Stirling Moss buys 1961 Porsche RS Spider March 2010-pdf
PORSCHE TYPE CODESAll Porsche Type Codes
Image Credit: Porsche AG 2012
4.6.2012 Frankfurt Germany:
Ferdinand (F.A.) Porsche, dead at 76.
The much loved designer of the forever young Porsche 911, died April 5, 2012, in Salzburg, Austria.
In the early 1960's, the Porsche company needed a replacement for the very popular Porsche 356, which was in need of a revision to keep up with the changing auto industries improving models. While highly refined and very successful in daily transportation and racing duties, the 356 was born out of World War II technology using Dr. Porsche's VW platform.
The 356 redesign was taken on by then head of Porsche design studio, Ferdinand Porsche.
Following the overall design criteria of the first 356, with a its sloping front and rear sections and rear air cooled engine, the outcome of Ferdinand Porsche efforts was the more sleek and more powerful 6 cylinder, 901 design (soon renumbered to 911). Although the 911 was first rebuffed by the strong hearted Porsche 356 lovers, the 911 model still lives and races on in its basic 1963 design form, a sloping front and rear, 2 door, with a 6 cylinder rear engine.
1.25.14: 76th win at Daytona for Porsche
Stuttgart: The GTLM class Porsche 911 RSR fielded by Porsche North America, and Richard Lietz (Austria), Nick Tandy (Great Britain) and Patrick Pilet (France), Porsche works drivers, have won the fiercely contested class at the 24 Hours of Daytona.
This gives Porsche its 76th class victory at the endurance race in Florida.
Porsche keeps extending its record as the most successful racing manufacturer. The debut of theTudor United SportsCar Championship at The 24 hour race at Daytona marks the new sports car race series in the USA and Canada.
04.02.14 Porsche Update
Quotes and other bits.
"The company slogan is: Porsche, There Is No Substitute. ... recent times, and indeed claims to be the most profitable car company in the world (in terms of profit ..." (Unknown)
Ferdinand Piech: Bloomberg news
"Piech, whose goal is to surpass General Motors Co. (GM) as the world's largest automaker, has transformed VW into a global carmaker of 12 nameplates, ranging from heavy trucks at MAN SE and Scania AB (SCVB) to Audi sedans and Ducati luxury motorcyles. After an early charge into China orchestrated by the Austrian native, the Wolfsburg-based company now generates more sales from the Asian nation than any other market."
"Adding Porsche to its portfolio of luxury brands that include Audi, Bentley and Lamborghini may bolster VW Chief Executive Officer Martin Winterkorn's effort to overtake Toyota Motor Corp. and GM to become the world's largest automaker."
Patrick Dempsey Photo Courtesy of Porsche
Patrick Dempsey a U.S. actor in the TV show "Grey's Anatomy" gains a contract for the 2014-2015 season to race with support from Porsche.
Dempsey, and teammates Andy Lally and Joe Foster finished second-place in GT Challenge (GTC) class at the series finale of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) at the storied Road Atlanta race track. Dempsey accredits Porsche this year as the main reason for the success they gained.
In his first season with Porsche, Patrick Dempsey with Foster and Porsche works driver Patrick Long drove a Porsche 911 GT3 RSR at the world-famous Le Mans 24 Hours to a strong fourth place finish in the GTE-Am class.
Racing in ALMS GTC class at Laguna Seca, Dempsey and Lally came in second driving a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, and third at Circuit of The Americas,
5.9.13 Porsche AG:
The new 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo is ready with 90 percent redeveloped components, like rear axle steering and the new Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA).
Connor de Phillippi a 19 year old young race car driver from San Clemente, California, has been picked to fill one of the two positions on the "Porsche Juniors" for the 2013 Carrera Cup Deutschland racing season.
Connor de Phillippi achieved successes in karting and various Formula race series, and now will contest the Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland in 2013. Porsche will supply the 2 rookie drivers with the bulk of their financial costs and provide coaching on and off the track.
Porsche Head of Racing, Hartmut Kristen commented that "Our current Porsche works drivers have shown that the Carrera Cup is an excellent platform for a professional international career" in competitive driving. The Porsche Juniors will make the choice of the teams that they race with. Alex Riberas Bou was the second driver picked by Porsche.
The Porsche 911
Porsche will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 911 all around the world, including the USA, China, Continental Europe and Australia.
The Porsche Museum in Stuttgart will also be marking '50 years of the Porsche 911' with a special exhibition featuring the history and development of the car.
1.17.13 Stuttgart/New Delhi:
Business squabble turns into Criminal Charges:
Precision Cars in New Delhi, India who was importing and selling Porsche cars in that country was cut out of the Porsche import business when Porsche made Volkswagen Group Sales India the sole importer of Porsche cars.
According to Stuttgart, The "Trial Court and the Honourable High Court of Rajasthan at Jaipur have upheld Porsche's termination of the importer agreement (with Precision Cars) and a subsequent appeal by the former importer (Precision Cars) to the Honourable Supreme Court of India was also dismissed."
In what could be described as a move of frustration, An Indian court has issued an arrest warrant for Porsche's CEC Matthias Müller and 8 other Porsche executives, which included a letter to Interpol from India's Central Bureau of Investigation, asking for aid in the case; as reported in the New York Times.
Stuttgart's response: "The allegations in the criminal proceeding in which the Court in Jaipur/India has issued the bailable warrants are in the view of Porsche baseless and without any material substance. This case is based on a purely civil dispute brought to court by the former importer of Porsche AG following the ordinary termination of its importer contract by Porsche in 2011".
" Porsche has the highest regards for the Indian judiciary and is going to - represented by its local lawyers and is taking steps to have the warrants and criminal proceedings quashed within the applicable periods. Porsche's lawyers are confident to be able to demonstrate that the complaint is completely frivolous.".
Porsche Going for Over-All Win at Le Mans 24 Hours / World Endurance Championship:
After Porsche having competed in the LMP2 class, and watching Audi finishing in the first overall place, with their more powerful LMP1 cars, the challenge has been met. Porsche has just announced that they will field a LMP1 sports prototype to be run by Weissach-based works team in the 2013 season.
11.28.13 Stuttgart,GE/Atlanta, US:
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.:
(PCNA), importer and distributor of Porsche cars, celebrated a landmark groundbreaking of its 26.4-acre site for its new headquarters, at One Porsche Drive, adjacent to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
One Porsche Drive is expected to grow to 400 employees, and add 100 jobs for the state of Georgia.
As an industry first, the Porsche headquarters campus will feature a Customer Experience Center including a 1.6-mile test track and handling road course to showcase the capabilities of Porsche's industry-leading vehicles. One Porsche Drive will house corporate offices, a Technical Service and Training Center, a Conference Center and a Museum.
Of Note: This is taking place as Suzuki USA filed for bankruptcy and is withdrawing from the US.
Porsche Panamera Platinum Edition 2013
Photo Courtesy of Porsche AG
The Panamera Platinum Edition will be offered by Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart starting this November.
The offering will be an elegant special edition combing design elements, special paint and interior combinations.
1.5.2012 Porsche, AG:
Detroit International Auto Show:
Porsche has chosen the Detroit International Auto Show for the world premiere of the new 911 Cabrio The Coupe variant of the sports car classic will be available in the USA starting in February 2012 with the Cabriolet following a few months later.
Porsche's dealers in the USA sold 29,023 Cayennes, Panameras, 911s, Boxsters and Caymans to US customers n 2011, or 15 percent more than in the previous year.
The most successful model in 2011 was the Cayenne with 12,978 units, a increase of 55.6 percent. 911 sales increased by 4.9 percent to 6,016 vehicles. The Zuffenhausen company anticipates selling more than 30,000 vehicles in the United States in 2012.
Porsche compares profit with Volkswagen.
The Porsche Zwischenholding GmbH group sold 85,872 vehicles from January to September 2011. Group revenue came to 7.93 billion euro. The operating profit rose to 1.51 billion euro.
In the same period, the Volkswagen group sold 6.2 million vehicles. With group revenue of 116.28 billion euro, the operating profit came to 8.98 billion euro.
Porsche is also making claims to returning to Le Mans in 2014 with a LMP (P1) car to go head to head with Audi.
Porsche 911-991 Carrera 2012
Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, will display the new 911 (991) model at the Los Angeles Auto Show 16 November 2011 initiating the US premiere and the world premiere of the new 911 Carrera.
The 2011 Rennsport Reunion IV visitors were given a sneak pick at the 2012 991 Carrera this October at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
The Porsche 911 Speedster has received the "Golden Classic Steering Wheel" award as a classic car of the future in the Cabriolet/Roadster category.
27,000 plus readers of AUTO BILD KLASSIK and autobild-klassik.de users took part in the second reader poll, giving the 356 unit, limited-edition Speedster top position. The event ushered in the 25th anniversary of Porsche Exclusive, the company's customization department.
Photo Courtesy of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
Derek Bell, one of Porsche AG's most successful works drivers, turns 70 on 31 October 2011. Bell is considered to be one of the most versatile racing drivers of his time. Bell drove the 917, 936 and 956 cars and was always one of the fastest and most reliable drivers. Derek Bell won the 24 Hours of Le Mans four times for Porsche and won the world championship twice.
Derek Bell born in Pinner, Middlesex, Great Britain in 1941 began his career with Lotus in 1964. Joining Formula 1 with Ferrari in 1969. In the 1971 season, Bell drove the Porsche 917 and 908/03 racing cars for the Porsche-Gulf team, along with co-driver Jo Siffert. In 1976 and 1977 he raced the Porsche 934 and 935 before joining the Le Mans as a works driver in the 924 Carrera GT. In 1981, co-driving with Jacky Ickx in the Porsche 936/81 Spyder, he won his first of four Le Mans overall victories in a Porsche. In 1982 Bell moved to the Group C cars with the Porsche 956 and became recognized as one of the most successful endurance drivers of all time. Teamed with drivers Jacky Ickx, Stefan Bellof and Hans-Joachim-Stuck, won numerous overall victories in the Types 956 and 962 including the World Sportscar Championship in 1985 and 1986.
Derek's current driver is a 1981 vintage Porsche 924 Carrera GTS.
Porsche at Geneva Motor Show 2010
Porsche shows the world its 918 Spyder High-Performance Concept Sports Car at the Geneva Motor Show.
This plug-in hybrid Porsche combines high-tech racing features and electro-mobility.
On the "Green" side the car has an emission level of just 70 grams CO2 per kilometre on fuel consumption of three litres/100 kilometres, equal to 94 mpg imp.
The performance of a super sports car is displayied wth an acceleration from a standstill to 100 km/h in just under 3.2 seconds, with a top speed of 320 km/h or 198 mph.
Porsche also brought out a new Cayenne S Hybrid SUV with parallel full-hybrid drive, and the 911 GT3 R Hybrid racing car with electric drive on the front axle and a flywheel mass battery.
Nick Tandy of Great Britain is the 2011 champion of the Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland. Tandy driving for Konrad Motorsport finished the last race of the season at Hockenheim in third place which was enough for a win over rival Sean Edwards.
This marks only the second time that a non-German has won Germany's fastest one-make series.
- Porsche 911 GT3 R 2017
- Porsche 919 2015
- Porsche Targa 2015
- Porsche 911 50 Years Anniversary Edition 2014
- Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid 2014
- Porsche Cayman GTS 2014
- Porsche Boxster GTS 2014
- Porsche Macan 2014
- Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014
- Porsche 918 Spyder Prototype 2014
- Porsche 911 RSR 2013
- Porsche Panamera Platinum Edition 2013
- Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo concept 2013
- Porsche 911GTS 2012
- Porsche 911 Coupe Black Edition 2011
- Porsche Panamera GTS 2012
- Porsche 911 991 Carrera S 2012
- Porsche GT3R Hybrid 2012
- Porsche 918 Spyder plug-in hybrid drive 2012
- Porsche Boxster Spyder 2012
- Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2012
- Porsche Panamera S Hybrid 2011
- Porsche 918 RSR Hybrid 2011
- Porsche 911 GT3R Hybrid 2011
- Porsche 918 Spyder Concept 2011
- Porsche 911 GT3RS 2011
- Porsche 911 Carrera GTS 2011
- Porsche 911 Turbo 2011
- Porsche 918 RSR Hybrid 2010
- Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2010
- Porsche 911 Sport Classic 2010
- Porsche Cayman 2009
- Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet 2009
- Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2009
- Porsche Cayenne GTS sn-WP1AD29P99LA61863 2009
- Porsche RS Spyder 9RS 708 2008
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS 2008
- Porsche 911 GT3 2008
- Porsche 911 GT2 2008
- Porsche 911/997 Turbo 2008
- Porsche 911 Targa 4S 2008
- Porsche Boxster 2008
- Porsche Cayman-S 2008
- Porsche Cayanne Hybrid 2008
- Porsche 997 GTS-RS 2007
- Porsche GT3RS 2007
- Porsche 997 GT3 2007
- Porsche Turbo 2007
- Porsche RS Spyder 2008
- Porsche RS Spyder 2007 Penske Car
- Porsche RS Spyder 2006
- Porsche GT
- Porsche Boxster S 2007
- Porsche 911(997) Carrera S, 2007
- Porsche Targa 4 2007
- Porsche Cayman-2007
- PorscheCayman, 2006
- Porsche GT3 2005
- Porsche 997 Carrera S 2005
- Porsche 986S 2005
- Porsche Carrera GT 2004
- Porsche Carrera GT3 2004
- Porsche Carrera GT 2003
- Porsche Carrera 2003
- Porsche 996 Turbo 2002
- Porsche 996 Carrera RS 2001
- Porsche G99 1999
- Porsche 996C2 1999
- Porsche 911 GT-1 98 LM 1998
- Porsche GT1 LM 1997
- Porsche GT1 Evolution 1997
- Porsche GT1 1996-1997
- Porsche 993 1997
- Porsche 911 Carrera S 1997
- Porsche 911 GT1 96 1996
- Porsche Kremer K8 1995
- Porsche GT2 Evolution 1995
- Porsche 993 1995
- Porsche 911 carrera 3.6 Speedster 1993
- Porsche 968 1992
- Porsche Studie Boxster 1992
- Porsche 962 1991
- Porsche Studie Panamericana 1989
- Porsche 962C 1989
- Porsche 911 Carrera 1989
- Porsche 959 1988
- Porsche 962 1988
- Porsche-IndyCar 2708 1988
- Porsche 911 Carrera 1988
- Porsche 911 GT1 Street Prepared 1987
- Porsche 962C 1987
- Porsche 944 Turbo Cup 'Pinky' 1987
- Porsche 962C 1986
- Porsche 962 1986
- Porsche 961 1986
- Porsche 911 Carrera 1986
- Porsche 959 Coupe Rally Car
- Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 Cabriolet 1985
- Porsche 962 HR-1 sn- 962-HR1 1985
- Porsche 962 1985
- Porsche 911 SCRS 1984
- Porsche 911 Carrera 4x4 "Paris Dakar" rally car 1984
- Porsche 962C Group C 1984
- Porsche 962 1984
- Porsche 935 1983
- Porsche 911 SC RS 1983
- Porsche 928S 1983
- Porsche 956 1982 - 1983
- Porsche 956 1982
- Porsche 911 SC 1982
- Porsche 924 Turbo 1982
- Porsche Kremer 935 K4 1981
- Porsche 944 GTP 1981
- Porsche 924 Carrera GTS 1981
- Porsche 935 1980
- Porsche 911 GTO sn-9114103263 1980
- Porsche Kremer 935 K3 1980
- Porsche 924 GTP 1980
- Porsche Indy Car 1980
- Porsche 935 1979
- Porsche 935J sn-0090001 1979
- Porsche 934 1979
- Porsche Kremer 935 K3 1979
- Porsche 935-78 1978
- Porsche 935-78 "Moby Dick" 1978
- Porsche 911 SC Safari 1978
- Porsche 935 K3 1978
- Porsche 935-2.0 1977 "Baby"
- Porsche 911S 1977
- Porsche 935 1977
- Porsche 934 1977
- Porsche Carrera 3.0 Targa B+B 1976
- Porsche 936 Spyder 1976-81
- Porsche 935 1976
- Porsche 935 K3 1976
- Porsche 934 1976
- Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 Coupe 1976
- Porsche 935 1976
- Porsche 911 RSR 1975
- Porsche 935J 1974
- Porsche 911 Kremer 1974
- Porsche 911 RSR 1974
- Porsche 924 Baustufe 1 1974
- Porsche 917-30 CanAm Spyder 1973
- Porsche 911RSR 1973
- Porsche 911 Targa Prototype 1973
- Porsche 911RSR 1973
- Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 1973
- Porsche 911 RS 1973 E42
- Porsche 911 Carrera 1973
- Porsche 917/10 1972
- Porsche 911 RSR 1972
- Porsche 908-3 1971
- Porsche 917 1971
- Porsche 911T 1971
- Porsche 911ST 1971 E African Safari
- Porsche 911E 1971
- Porsche 914 1971
- Porsche 917KH Coupe 1971
- Porsche 914 1970
- Porsche 917 1970
- Porsche 911T 1970
- Porsche 908/03 1970
- Porsche 911S 1970
- Porsche 914-6 GT 1970
- Porsche 914 sn-4712909159 1970
- Porsche 911S-915 1970
- Porsche 917K 1969
- Porsche 908-2 Spyder 1969
- Porsche 908 LH 1969
- Porsche 917K Coupe 1969
- Porsche 911S 1969
- Porsche 911 E Targa Euro 1969
- Porsche 912 1969
- Porsche 909 1968
- Porsche 908 1968 Factory car
- Porsche 911S 1968
- Porsche 911T sn-11820809 1968-9
- Porsche 906E 1967
- Porsche 911 1967
- Porsche 911R 1967
- Porsche 912 1967
- Porsche 910 1967
- Porsche Carrera 6 1966
- Porsche 911S 1966
- Porsche 912 1966
- Porsche 906 1966
- Porsche 906 1965 - 1966
- Porsche 911 1965
- Porsche 356C 1964
- Porsche 904 Carrera GTS 1964
- Porsche 356C 1600 SC Cabriolet 1964
- Porsche 901 1964
- Porsche 904 1964
- Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera GT 'Dreikantschaber' 1963
- Porsche 718 W-RS 1962
- Porsche 356B Coupe 1962
- Porsche 804 F1 1962
- Porsche RS61 1960
- Porsche 356 Abarth 1961
- Porsche Abarth GTL 1961
- Porsche RS-61 1961
- Porsche 1600 Super 1961
- Porsche RS-60 1960
- Porsche Abarth-Carrera GTL 1960
- Porsche 718 1960 F2/F1
- Porsche 356B S90 1960
- Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera GT 1960